Wednesday, May 6, 2009

afternoon muleing about in sacramento




April 22, 2009

I figured I'd have to hit Sacramento. There is a big railroad museum there, and it is, after all, where the project all started with the Burning Hell. I went in the afternoon, just stopped by on my trip from Salt Lake to San Francisco, and dropped off a few of the tracts that I'd been holding back (I kept a few just in case their brethren didn't come back to us.) 

I ended up talking to four amazing people. I have to say: I'm so amazed at how easy it is to bond with complete strangers over art. I chatted with Luis for awhile inside, and then went outside and talked with a couple other people, and when I came back Luis had finished his track (it was How to Get Where You've Left, Mary Suddaby and Kelly Packer's tract) and he was like, "I love it! I mean I looove it! It's like, it's like, you're right there with her on the trip..." and we talked about art and writing and traveling for a bit longer before I continued on to San Francisco to meet up with some of the tract writers in a dive bar in Potrero Hill.

I was so happy.

Where are you guys? How was your trip?

No comments: